(Scroll down to view a video version of these instructions)
Growing up, I always adored shelves filled with bottles of potions, lotions and brews. I’ve always been drawn to cabinets lined with jars of herbs, colorful glass bottles, cork stoppers and wooden spoons. Now I am the proud owner of many of these things and there is nothing I enjoy more than creating a new home brew on a rainy Sunday morning.
On this drizzly Sunday morning, I bring you a recipe for a fragrant and oh-so-useful herbal floral water. This water can be used alone as a facial toner, astringent or aftershave, or mixed with additional ingredients to create customized, all natural skin care products.
I like to use the following herbs for my herbal floral water:
- 3 parts Calendula Flowers – natural acne healing and prevention, good for oily, blemish prone, combination and normal skin types
- 2 parts Chamomile Flowers – soothing for acne and blemishes, good for all skin types
- 1 part Yarrow – soothing for acne and blemishes, good for oily, blemish prone, combination and normal skin types
- 1 part Rosemary – especially good for oily and combination skin
- 1 part Sage – especially good for oily and combination skin
- 1 part Lemon Balm – especially good for normal skin types
- 1 part Rose Petals – any skin type, especially good for dry skin
- 1/2 part Comfrey Root – soothing and healing for acne and blemishes, good for all skin types