October is under way and September already seems so far in the past. As I looked back on all of the wonderful photos that I took during September I couldn’t help but realize just how great the normal life of a normal girl can be.
I’m so grateful for all of the normal bits from September:
- One little gecko gets in the house and I’m packing my bags and heading for the door! Luckily, I came to my senses at the last moment (partially influenced by the threat of loosing my deposit because I abandoned my apartment…but for good reason, those little buggers are creepy) and decided to catch and release the little guy back into his natural habitat. It was only later that I discovered he is referred to as a “house gecko” and by removing him and placing him back outside, I inadvertently destroyed an ecosystem. Human destruction – 1, Nature – 0
- Storms in the distance always make the most beautiful pink sunsets.
- Crackers topped with apple, cheese and honey…all shared with a delightful group of friends and family!
- The last of the in-season peaches…mmmm. I’m missing them already.
- The beacon of home. This sign is like a big, cozy blanket welcoming me back to the city.
- “WE ARE OUT OF HAY!” The problems of life, right?
- The full moon peaking out between the clouds.
- As summer comes to an end, so too will the summer showers, and it will be a little while before I get to see these lovely rainbows that appear in the sky almost daily.
- A lovely evening with a dear friend at a local theater season-opening event.
- A reminder of family, as my passion flower bursts into bloom and reminds me of the man (my great-grandfather a.k.a. pop-pop) who first taught me about these wonderful plants.
- All season I’ve watched a little family of birds call this box their home. It looks like they’ve moved on for now but I expect I’ll see them again next year. ‘Till then, happy flying, dear ones!
- Another lovely storm-induced sunset.
- A fun evening exploring history and science with friends.
- Is there anything better than freshly popped popcorn served in a big ol’ tub?
- Salted, soft pretzel? Yes, please! These always remind me of New York City and walking to Central Park.
- The beet is cut into the shape of a heart, it’s a heartbeet…hehehe.
- Yet another lovely evening with another dear friend and a luxuriously soft chinchilla! Fun animal fact: Humans have 1 hair per follicle, while the chinchilla has 60! That’s what makes them so soft.
- Browsing the stacks with a hot cup of cocoa.
- For those of you who haven’t lived somewhere flat before, you may not have seen this but that dark portion below the clouds is the edge of a rain storm as it moves across the landscape. I remember my amazement the first time I realized that it wasn’t more clouds…it was rain.
- And finally, one of my favorite snacks, fresh purple grapes. I love it when they’re nice and fresh and pop in my mouth as I bite down on them. I’ll keep a bowl full on my counter and munch on them all weekend.
I hope all of you had a wonderful September and are enjoying your October!