Top Menu

Moisturizing Pumpkin Body Whip

I have studied herbalism for many years and enjoy using the knowledge that I have gained to create both simple and complex herbal remedies, delicious teas, tisanes and brews, and to make natural skin and hair care products.  I get to share a lot of this knowledge in my weekly column on hellogiggles.com as The 21st Century Herbalist.  Once a week I like to repost the column here, just in case you missed it!

Original publish date: September 27, 2012

or those of us in the northern hemisphere, Autumn is officially here!  Bring on the pumpkin flavored lattes, bagels, cream cheese, muffins and any other food we can flavor with delicious pumpkin and spice flavors!  Mmmm…I love it all.  Along with all of those yummy foods it’s also pumpkin season for your skin.  Yup, pumpkin for your skin.  It is so moisturizing and packed with nutrients that help bring out the subtle glow of your skin.

Next time you’re in the grocery store or at the farmer’s market pick up a pie pumpkin and give this great body whip treatment a try.  It’s a great way to pamper yourself after a long week of studying, working or before a big date. Later, as winter weather sets in and your skin starts to get a little dry, use this recipe to rehydrate your skin and even your hair.

This recipe is part of this month’s celebration of the multi-generational traditions of women.  It is a classic recipe that goes back generations and uses simple, natural ingredients to soothe and moisturize your skin.

Ingredients:

• A small to medium sized pie pumpkin
  • 1 c. full-fat, unflavored yogurt
  • 1-2 tbsp. olive oil

…read more (you’ll be redirected to my column on hellogiggles.com)

, , , , , , , , , ,

11 Responses to Moisturizing Pumpkin Body Whip

1. narf77 November 4, 2012 at 1:21 pm #

I am definately going to have to try this one Katie, it sounds delicious :) (for my skin of course! ;) )

• Katie Glenn November 5, 2012 at 8:57 am #

Haha, a little for your skin…a little for your tummy. ;)

2. susielindau November 4, 2012 at 2:45 pm #

So great to counter the acids with the moisturizer!

3. LifeOfBun November 4, 2012 at 11:56 pm #

How to describe this recipe.. deliciously simple? :D just the way I like it! I would never’ve come up with that, however this EVEN I could make I think, awesome skin recipe!

4. Katie Glenn November 5, 2012 at 8:59 am #

You could totally make this! :)

5. fashionforlunch November 5, 2012 at 3:06 pm #

This sounds incredible? I have never heard of this before! Amazing!

• Katie Glenn November 5, 2012 at 4:14 pm #

I so glad you stopped by then! And it’s a cinch to make! :)

6. moroccan oil 100ml November 20, 2012 at 1:14 pm #

Hello there! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to
    give a quick shout out and tell you I truly enjoy reading your
    articles. Can you recommend any other blogs/websites/forums that cover the same topics?

Thanks for your time!

7. Stacey May 20, 2013 at 6:42 am #

Sounds unbelievable! I’ve tried to make alot of different health products at home but I have yet to venture into a moisturizer. This one I am going to definitely try! Although I may try to substitute coconut oil for the olive oil and eat a little bit as well! Thanks!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Not just for eating anymore… | Elen Grey's Blog - November 5, 2012

[...] Then, on Sunday I was reading Katie Glenn’s blog — katie: normal girl. And Katie has done something with pumpkin I’ve never done. Katie makes a moisturizing pumpkin body whip. [...]