Top Menu

The Nature Walk Project: One Year Later

This is it!  A year in the making!  I’ve been walking around the same lake, once a month for a year, documenting the seasonal changes, the animals and the plants.  Last night I took my final picture of this lovely, little lake path.  Below is a photo compilation of the wooden bridge that crosses the lake.  The photos start in October 2011 and ended last night, the last day of October 2012.

This isn’t the end of The Nature Walk Project, there are many more exciting adventures to come but it is the end of this chapter, the first chapter.  I’m so glad that you could join me for these walks.

Check out more articles and photos from The Nature Walk Project

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

20 Responses to The Nature Walk Project: One Year Later

1. Emily @ Adventures of a Dog Mom November 1, 2012 at 12:45 pm #

This is such a great idea! And, great photos too!

• Katie Glenn November 1, 2012 at 2:13 pm #

Thanks, Emily! I had so much fun with this project. :)

2. narf77 November 1, 2012 at 1:27 pm #

A year in the life of a small park :). I love it! We tend not to see our local surroundings. We don’t notice the beauty as we beaver away in our day to day “doings” but if we take ourselves out there (hey folks walk the dog!) into it, and immerse ourselves in our world we can’t help but see just how precious and beautiful it all really is :). Earl might be more than a handful but he most certainly has given me more than enough exercise and exposure to beauty early in the morning than I would ever have had if we hadn’t bought him (we paid for him! sigh….)

• Katie Glenn November 1, 2012 at 2:16 pm #

Ha! How do you do that, so often you sum things up beautifully…”A year in the life of a small park”. It really was a wonderful experience and it only took one hour a month, that’s it! I went out for my walk and had my simply intention of just paying attention to the going-ons of this small lake path. Anyone could do it! :)

3. Cowboys and Crossbones November 1, 2012 at 4:55 pm #

What a great idea and beautiful pictures! I love it.

• Katie Glenn November 2, 2012 at 1:40 pm #

Thank you, I had such a lovely time creating it!

4. Allotment adventures with Jean November 1, 2012 at 7:01 pm #

What a lovely idea, taking us through the seasons.

• Katie Glenn November 2, 2012 at 1:42 pm #

Thank you, Jean! I’m so glad you stopped by, I’m enjoying virtually peaking around your garden. :)

5. Heidi @ lightlycrunchy November 1, 2012 at 10:07 pm #

I love this idea. I might try it out too. I just need to find a view to keep photographing.

• Katie Glenn November 2, 2012 at 1:43 pm #

Remember to pick someplace that you can easily get to….it was cold around that lake in January!! …brrrr

6. thebestdressup November 2, 2012 at 4:27 pm #

Ciao! LuvFAB blog.
    thebestdressup

7. kdawikstrom November 3, 2012 at 4:37 am #

This is a greta idea, as many already said. Beautiful!

• Katie Glenn November 5, 2012 at 9:58 am #

Thanks you so much, I had a wonderful time creating it!

8. Becca :: Making Room in Sicily November 3, 2012 at 11:52 am #

This is such a wonderful idea and such a beautiful project! Thanks for sharing. I love it.

• Katie Glenn November 5, 2012 at 10:01 am #

Thank you, it was a joy to create! I’m looking forward to following more of your adventures in Sicily. :)

9. Lost Creek Publishing November 5, 2012 at 3:21 pm #

That is a beautiful area Katie!

• Katie Glenn November 5, 2012 at 4:09 pm #

I feel so lucky to live here, it really is a hidden gem!

10. Kerry (@KerryAnitaBTSea) November 10, 2012 at 10:24 am #

What a great idea Katie! You chose such a pretty spot to photograph:) Also, as a fellow Floridian, I find that people are often astounded, that yes, we do have seasons here:) You did a wonderful job of depicting our seasons!

• Katie Glenn November 12, 2012 at 9:31 am #

You’re so right, some of the seasons are really short but we do have them! Thanks for stopping by!